Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Engine removal #1

With the nights starting to close in, I have about two hours after work to do little bits.
I have removed the inlet manifold and basically all the piddly the stuff that needs to stay in or I don't need. I did this in 1/2 an hour, and I'm not sure if I'll even have to get under the car to do the gearbox, but probably will. I can see the mounts from above, it should be not as hard as I thought.
I then remembered I was going to try the ECU on this car to see if it's faulty!!
I'll clean the bay up and give it a quick spray and check all the wiring is okay before I put the new motor in.


I also bought a new fuel filter!





The Astra is still running, though I drove it through a Fjord (thanks to local flooding) and the temp reader now reads about 75 degrees celcius. It is also spluttering a bit, it is past a good servicing! One it will get those new panels on the back and it'll be as good as new. It'd be nice in white as well. If I could get the new panels prayed white, all it would need is the roof spraying...

No comments: