In early December, I decide to relocate the MGF from my house to the destination I've been known to fiddle about with cars on now and then (my folk's driveway), and about the same time, a new engine appears! Those of you living in the UK from December - January will remember the consistently horrid weather. I remember lying on my back in snow, under an MGF, undoing seized bolts, rounding the heads off, and going through three angle grinder discs in a week. My hands now look like I've been playing 'Thumb War' with Freddy Krueger, and I am now contemplating permanently wearing gloves, as this takes the piss. There is a deep cut and scars on every bendable part of my poor, withered handies.
Here's a little breakdown of the past four months:
- I attempted to remove the whole engine from the top of the car, but found the bolts impossible to do from the top, so took the subframe out from underneath,
|Cold weather pictured (all over)|
|Subframe = free engine trolley|
- I treated and painted the subframe, with zinc primer, stonechip and 2 PACK PAINT. Come and get me FERRIC OXIDE!
- I did some bits on the engine, and put the gearbox on!
- I put the engine in the subframe and put it back in the car!!
Here's a picture of my Metro: