I didn't make much progress through the winter, apart from aging further physically, and becoming more miserable, here's why:
- It was the coldest winter for decades
- It wouldn't stop snowing
- The snow quickly turned to three inch thick ice
- My new battery died in my Whizzkid
- My starter motor died in my Whizzkid
- My coolant froze three times (twice in Whizzkid, once in MGF)
- I got laughed at when I was walking to McDonalds for a coffee at 1am, and I slipped on ice. But I didn't just slip on the ice, I kicked my leg above my head, with a painfully loud 'shout', before crashing onto my arse.
- I had the worst car to drive in winter (Whizzkid).
I'm going to skip the past four or so months as it was a complete mess when it comes to cars (more going backward than forwards), and since a few weeks ago I have made a stupendous amount of progress on the WK and MGF, which I will cover in the upcoming blogs.
- I cut the corrosion out of the WK (in the footwell) and welded new metal in,
- Changed the manual steering for PAS 'EPAS' (electronic) steering in the MGF,
- Changed the interior in MGF for red/black leather seats, and red/black steering wheel,
- Painted MGF's wheels black,
- Failed MGF on MOT
- Rebuilt calipers on MGF
I'll leave it there for now!